By Kim Jones, Chairman and CEO, Curriki
- We reached the OER pinnacle, winning the coveted CODiE Award for Best Digital Aggregation & Sharing Solution.
- We were named a Finalist for an EdTech Digest Cool Tool Award.
- The Open Education Consortium named Curriki a winner of an OER & Project Awards for Open Education Excellence.
- Because of an abundance of positive reviews for Curriki’s award-winning OER, we were named a “Great Nonprofit” by Great Nonprofits, the leading platform for community-sourced stories about nonprofits.
- And our reach increased as Curriki’s numbers shot through the roof in 2017: 257,000+ resources, 546,000+ members, more than 14 million unique visitors to our website, Curriki.org.
- We wrote blogs that inspired, covering a wide range of topics, from civics education to bullying to seasonal learning opportunities, and so much more.
- We distributed high-quality OER that challenged students and taught them in new, interactive ways, drawing on partnerships with Oracle, AT&T, Learn Liberty, NASCAR, the National Constitution Center, Storyworld and others.
- We beefed up our Spanish-language OER through Spanish Curriki to reach a whole new segment of learners.
Join Curriki’s Team of Superheroes
Like the Avengers, we need superhero partners to be strong and effective. The curricula that you – our community of educators, learners and committed education experts – upload to Curriki helps us blast the Education Divide, the gap between those who have access to high-quality education and those who do not.
And like Superman, we need kryptonite to keep us strong! Curriki’s Kryptonite is green, representing the funds we need to continue offering high-quality OER, to keep growing, to stretch farther to meet the needs of students, teachers, and homeschoolers.
Be a Superhero for Curriki
So fellow superheroes, we need you. We are trying to take over the world – by creating the largest global community library of OER.
As 2017 draws to a close, please take a moment to reflect on how Curriki has helped you this year, and how it can be a valuable global educational resource in 2018. Draw on your deepest superhero powers (or just reach into your wallet) and make your end-of-year donation to Curriki today!
Thank you. Shazam!
Kim Jones is the Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Curriki. Kim is active in driving policy initiatives and is regularly featured as an honorary speaker on the impact of technology in education at influential meetings around the world. Learn more at Curriki.org.