By Janet Pinto, Chief Academic Officer, Curriki
Here is a list of this year’s most popular resources and collections to date. Many of these collections keep popping up on our Top 10 lists, so it’s worth your time to review them.
“Curriki has helped me out because I can get ideas and lesson plans. I can use the lesson plan as is or I can modify it to suit my classes.”
– Teacher Judy S. from Manhasset, New York
- Julius Caesar Unit: This unit covers the entire play for an English 10 class and includes study guides, pre-reading activities and quizzes.
- Curriki Geometry: This course offers six complete projects. All the projects are designed in a project-based learning (PBL) format.
- Gettng Started with Java Using Alice – Full Course from The Oracle Academy: This workshop engages students with little or no programming experience to learn basic Java programming concepts. Participants use Carnegie Mellon’s Alice platform to do something fun – create animated stories, movies and games.
- Free High School Science Texts, Chemistry: This FHSST (Free High School Science Texts) Chemistry textbook contains a total of 23 chapters to be used in grades 10 through 12.
- Tuck Everlasting Novel Study Unit: Consistently ranked in our Top 10 resources, Tuck Everlasting Novel Study is a great resource, an excellent 25 day unit on the novel Tuck Everlasting.
- Geometry Bingo for Grades 5-6: This is a bingo game involving visuals to help students learn and identify key vocabulary for geometry at the 5th and 6th grade levels.
- Unit for The Kite Runner: The unit includes a suggested reading schedule and unit plan, pre-reading assignments and worksheets, during-reading questions, graphic organizers and lesson plans, and after-reading assessments and writing extensions.
- Study Guide Questions for Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: This resource includes questions for each chapter in Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry.
- Lessons, Activities, & Problems from Math for America: Designed for grades 6-12, this is a collection of lessons, activities, and problems organized by subject by Math for America.
- English 10 Antigone Unit: This is a collection of materials for teaching Sophocles’ play Antigone to a 10th grade English class and includes activities, study guides, projects, quizzes, tests, and answer keys.
These are just a small sampling of the thousands of peer-reviewed teaching resources available on Curriki. Join today and get free access to Curriki favorites and more. Please pass this along to a friend or colleague.